I fully expected to be posting a review of Empire of Storms today. I was a third of the way through on Saturday, so it would stand to reason that I would have read another third on Sunday and a third yesterday, ready to bring you all sorts of Throne of Glass awesomeness today.
It was not to be. To be honest, it seems as though many people had terrible Mondays. Lemme give you a quick rundown.
- My sister, whom I have not spoken to since about 2011 and is basically a stranger to me texted me at like midnight Sunday night and I woke up to that. So already I’m like “ugh, I have to deal with this now” but luckily that didn’t escalate.
- My older kitty Chloe threw up in the water dish and there was a hairball so I couldn’t just throw it into the garbage disposal, but I had to quickly take care of it so the dogs didn’t have a field day. So I picked hair out of the water and it was super gross.
- The husband threw the leftover dog food from their boarding stay this weekend into the cat food bucket by mistake, and so I spent a not insignificant amount of time picking dog food out of the diabetic cat food Monday morning.
- My new student loan servicer took my payment from the wrong account so I had to call and get an overdraft fee reversed.
- Something went pop in my back Sunday night, and it has become a pulled muscle (?) in my hipbutt (actual body part) which slowly made it impossible to walk as the day went on.
- My job has been on fire for about two months now with no signs of stopping and Monday was no different. I just can’t seem to catch a break.
- Our government is on fire and I can’t deal.
So my Monday was just 12 hours of straight survival mode and I didn’t have a chance to read. I’m going to purposefully take two hours this morning to read before my day begins and maybe that will start me off on the right foot better than yesterday.
Also remember that there is a book giveaway happening this week. Because Facebook timeline settings are dumb you may just need to visit the actual page once in awhile to see what’s available. There are still available books from Monday and there will be three more sets today. https://www.facebook.com/angryangelbooks/ Check it out! 🙂
Raise a glass to Tuesday, may the odds be ever in our favor.