Welcome to the end of yet another year. In 2023 Angry Angel Books is entering its 8th year of providing book reviews to the interwebs and we’re still going strong. I have many advanced reader copies lined up for the first half of 2023 and I am very excited to share them with you.
2023 is going to be a time of expansion for me. I’m still in the classroom, teaching upper level high school maths, but on the interwebs I’m going to be managing Angry Angel Books’ presence on Patreon, Ko-Fi, Twitch, YouTube, Goodreads, and Twitter (if it survives). This year I will be requesting your support with this expansion. To minimize how often I remind everyone, this post will be pinned to the top of the website homepage and I will refer to it at the end of my usual book review posts. Don’t worry, I’m not going to be THAT person (SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BRO!).
You have choices!
The membership levels are exactly the same on both of these platforms. The main difference is that Ko-Fi lets you do a single contribution without a membership if you wish, while Patreon requires you to you become a patron to give. Whichever website feels better to you is fine, either will give you the same benefits.
With these paid memberships I am introducing the Furious Angel Book Club. I don’t care if we have 2 members or 1,000, we’re going to meet monthly to discuss a book. If you are an Angry Angel member or higher, you’ll also have access to the Furious Angel Book Club Discord server where we can chat and share book opinions. If you are a member at the Enraged Angel level, your membership includes a copy of that month’s book, so be sure to provide your address when setting up your membership. The book club will commence once the first person who qualifies becomes a member.
In addition to the book club I will be posting essays and other writing directly on Patreon and Ko-Fi. I am a teacher, and so there are restrictions on what I can talk/write/post about publicly. It’s not fair, but that’s how it is. The fact that I am a liberal-minded teacher in Florida makes it even more dangerous. Despite this reality I have things to share and discuss, so another benefit of becoming a member is gaining access to these essays. These will be locked behind Irate Angel membership and above, entirely for my protection.
If there is interest I would also be open to offering merch such as t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. to certain levels of membership, but I do not have this set up as of now.
If you would like to help but are not able to support financially, there are 5 options for you!
1. Follow me on Twitch: watch and hear me play video games live, post encouragement in the chat box; help me reach affiliate level so I can monetize my channel; may require you to create an account
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel: watch videos of me playing video games; help me reach 1,000 subscriptions so I can monetize my channel; may require you to create a google account
3. Follow my reviews on Goodreads: if you do not already have one, you will need to create an account.
4. Tell a friend who loves books about angryangelbooks.com and encourage them to subscribe to my reviews.
5. If you are already on Twitter, follow me @angryangelbooks! (If you’re not already on Twitter, don’t go through the trouble of making an account, it’s a sinking ship but we’re all enjoying the ride as the water laps at our ankles.)
I have been blogging for almost 7 years now and as you probably know, writing and reviewing is not terribly lucrative. So, if you’re willing to help support me through any of these venues I’d be eternally grateful. If not, guess what: I’m still grateful that you’re here.
The next year is going to be very exciting for me and I hope you will be a part of what’s ahead.